Over the past week we have had a significant amount of infectious spam emails going out to our clients.
Below are some examples of emails that have been quarantined by our email security system, with senders imitating the Australian Tax Office, Australia Post and other trusted organisations.
A few tips to help you stay protected:
- Ensure that your backups are working and you have a rotating set of drives or tapes
- Ensure your Antivirus is up-to-date
- Be aware of any emails that ask you to reply quickly or act fast
- Alert users to new malware campaigns immediately.
- If the email is from someone you do not know, do not open it
- Implement effective email security tools and policies, such as blocking executable or zipped attachments from unknown senders, or setting email filtering rules.
- Prevent downloading executable or zipped attachments via HTTP/HTTPS connections.
- Microsoft Essentials, AVG, and other free AV products should not be used
- Isolate infected endpoints from the network as soon as possible
- Subscribe to alert services such as Australian Government’s Stay Smart Online, which updates on the latest trends in our region.
If you have received this email and have any urgent concerns regarding this issue, please contact Interlinked on 1300 302 207.